Terry, his wife Heather and their two small children have called Waynesboro, and their Tree Street neighborhood home for over 11 years. Since then, Terry has been a tireless advocate for our schools, a volunteer and organizer for countless not-for-profit functions, and a civic leader for our City. Elected May 3, 2016, Terry will represent the Waynesboro City Council as the At-Large member beginning July 1, 2016.
Terry holds a Bachelors degree in Political Science from Northeastern Illinois University, a Masters degree in Urban Planning and Policy from the University of Illinois at Chicago, and holds a Professional Project Management Certification from the University of Virginia Darden School of Business.
Terry is employed by the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) where he serves as the District Planning Manager for the Staunton District. In this capacity he is responsible for the transportation project planning and prioritization process for 11 counties and 34 jurisdictions. He was honored as the recipient of the 2014 and 2016 VDOT Commissioner’s Award of Excellence in Innovation. In addition, he was awarded the 2016 Governors Award for Public Service in the category of Teamwork. Prior to VDOT, Terry worked in the private consulting sector where he authored numerous award-winning community plans, capital investment strategies, and planning and design projects.
From the beginning Terry has embraced and immersed himself in Waynesboro civic life. He has served the Waynesboro community in the following capacities:
- Waynesboro Planning Commission (8 years)- Past Chairman
- Waynesboro Downtown Development – Board of Directors
- Waynesboro Arts & Culture Initiative – Founder/President
- Virginia Chili, Blues n’ Brews Festival – Organizer/Promoter
- First Baptist Church – Planning Committee/Contemporary Music Leader
- Waynesboro Storm Water Advisory Committee Member
- Waynesboro Bicycle Plan – Co-author
- Waynesboro Safe Routes to School Plan – Pilot Program Author
- Waynesboro Schools Site Evaluation Redistricting Committee
- Berkeley Glenn PTO – Vice President/Treasurer/Volunteer
- Kate Collins Middle School PTO – Volunteer
- Waynesboro Lions Club – Board of Directors/Vice President/Volunteer